Tuesday 1 October 2013

Pencil Sketches Of Lovers Of Nature Of Sceneries Landscapes Of Flowers Of Girls Of People Tumblr Of Roses Of Eyes Of Love

Pencil Sketches Of Lovers Biography

source(google.com.pk)
Denise Howard grew up on a farm in rural Missouri surrounded by animals and nature.  As soon as she could hold a pencil she started drawing everything, and her world revolved around her art until she entered college. Then she realized that she'd also need to be able to make a living. Fortunately she also enjoyed math/computer science, so she earned both a BA in Art and a BS in Math/Computer Science concurrently. She worked for several Silicon Valley companies, was one of the developers of iPhoto at Apple and earned movie credits on Antz and Shrek at PDI/Dreamworks. Software engineering left little time or energy for creating art for 25+ years.

Finally the urge to return to her art became too strong to ignore, so in 2010 she took back the time to pursue it and turn it into a business. She works primarily in pencil and colored pencil in a realist style and continually works to expand her abilities.  She is a signature member of the Colored Pencil Society of America and the UK Colored Pencil Society, and has Master Pencil Artist Status (MPAS) with the Pencil Art Society.

She lives in Santa Clara, California with her husband and two cats, and a garden full of native plants and hummingbirds.



February 2012 Featured Artist Interview by Betsy Jones for Colored Pencil Artists and Lovers group on Facebook

BJ: Do you work from life, photographs, imagination?

DH: I work entirely from photographs these days. I did fine with life drawing and plein air in college, but photos capture a moment in time in great detail. I then have the option of including as much or as little of that detail as I want. I don't simply copy the photo; I've exercised my "artistic license" to add, alter or omit elements in every piece I've done. For example my reference photo for "Angangueo Kitchen" has the top of someone's hat-wearing head in the lower right!

BJ: What pencils and surfaces do you typically use?

DH: I usually use Prismacolors on Stonehenge paper. However at the 2011 CPSA convention I learned a technique from Bonnie Auten that uses oil-based pencils such as Lyra Polycolors on UArt paper, and a stencil brush to work the pigment into the paper. That's how I did "Angangueo Kitchen".

BJ: From where do you gather inspiration?

DH: I find inspiration everywhere. Nature, especially, but sometimes in unexpected places like the "Angangueo Kitchen". I'm baffled when I hear someone say "I don't know what to draw"--I have enough ideas I want to do, to keep me busy for the next 150 years!

BJ: How do you stay focused and motivated?

DH: Working on a drawing puts me into a "zone" where focus is all there is. I guess it's like a "zen" thing! My only problem is finding blocks of time of at least three hours to allow it to happen. For most of 2011 I was a full-time artist and it was great, but now I'm back to being a full-time software engineer, too.

BJ: Do you work in other media?

DH: I've used a variety of media with some success, but my favorites remain colored pencil, graphite, and pastels.

BJ: Your winning image "Angangueo Kitchen" is extremely photo-realistic.... do you work in other styles?

DH: I enjoy many genres, but I'm a realist at heart. I've been glad to see a resurgence of acceptance for realism in the art world. It was sort of poo-pooed when I was in college.

BJ: When/How did you realize you wanted to be an artist?

DH: I can't remember a time before wanting to be an artist. I drew non-stop from age three or four all the way through college. Then it went dormant for 25+ years while my time and energy were totally consumed by being a software engineer. I just got back to my art about two years ago and I feel MUCH better!

BJ: What do you think an artist's role in society is?

DH: I think an artist's role in society is whatever they make of it, just like any other pursuit. Whether they want to raise awareness for societal issues or call out beauty in the mundane, there's a place and audience for it.

BJ: Who has been your biggest supporter?

DH: The person who made the biggest difference for me as an artist was my high-school art teacher, Mrs. Billington. She saw something in me right away and encouraged me with new materials and techniques, and later helped get my artwork photographed for college admission portfolios. I had to turn in five sketches per week, so it not only developed the discipline to get them done, it gave me valuable practice.

BJ: What kind of space do you work in? (Studio, Desk, Couch in Livingroom, etc)

DH: When I returned to my art two years ago, I negotiated with my husband to take over the room of our house he'd been using as an office, so I have my own little studio with lots of natural light!

BJ:  What are your top 3 movies?

DH: Gattaca, A.I., The Ten Commandments

BJ: What moves you most in life, what keeps you going? (Not necessarily speaking in art terms here).

DH: I'm interested in so many subjects that I'm seldom bored. I guess that curiosity is what keeps me going!

Samuel Lover (February 24, 1797 Dublin – July 6, 1868) was an Anglo-Irish[1] songwriter, novelist, and a painter of portraits, chiefly miniatures. He was the grandfather of Victor Herbert.
Contents  [hide]
1 Early life
2 Career
3 Personal life
4 Death and legacy
5 External links
Early life[edit]

Lover was born at number 60 Grafton Street, Dublin and went to school at Samuel Whyte's at 79 Grafton Street, now home to Bewley's cafe. By 1830 he was secretary of the Royal Hibernian Academy and lived at number 9 D'Olier Street. He eventually moved to London and made his main residence there.
Career[edit]

Lover produced a number of Irish songs, of which several – including The Angel's Whisper, Molly Bawn, and The Four-leaved Shamrock – attained great popularity. He also wrote novels, of which Rory O'Moore (in its first form a ballad), and Handy Andy are the best known, and short Irish sketches which, with his songs, he combined into a popular entertainment called Irish Nights. He joined with Charles Dickens in founding Bentley's Magazine.
When once the itch of literature comes over a man, nothing can cure it but the scratching of a pen. — Samuel Lover
Personal life[edit]

Lover's grandson was composer Victor Herbert whose mother was Lover's daughter Fanny. Irish born and German raised, Herbert is best known for his many successful operettas that premiered on Broadway. As a child he stayed with the Lovers in a musical environment following the death of his father.
Death and legacy[edit]

Lover died on July 6, 1868. A memorial in St Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin summarises his achievements—
Poet, painter, novelist and composer, who, in the exercise of a genius as distinguished in its versatility as in its power, by his pen and pencil illustrated so happily the characteristics of the peasantry of his country that his name will ever be honourably identified with Ireland.
 This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Cousin, John William (1910). A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature. London: J. M. Dent & Sons. Wikisource

Jump up ^ Samuel Lover (Anglo-Irish novelist, songwriter, and painter) Encyclopaedia Britannica.
External links[edit]

Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Samuel Lover
Works by Samuel Lover at Project Gutenberg
Free scores by Samuel Lover in the Choral Public Domain Library (ChoralWiki)


Pencil Sketches Of  Lovers Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
Pencil Sketches Of  Lovers Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
Pencil Sketches Of  Lovers Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
Pencil Sketches Of  Lovers Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
Pencil Sketches Of  Lovers Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
Pencil Sketches Of  Lovers Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
Pencil Sketches Of  Lovers Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
Pencil Sketches Of  Lovers Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
Pencil Sketches Of  Lovers Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
Pencil Sketches Of  Lovers Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
Pencil Sketches Of  Lovers Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
Pencil Sketches Of  Lovers Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
Pencil Sketches Of  Lovers Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
Pencil Sketches Of  Lovers Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
Pencil Sketches Of  Lovers Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  

Pencil Sketches Of  Lovers Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
Pencil Sketches Of  Lovers Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  

No comments:

Post a Comment