Monday 30 September 2013

Pencil Sketch My Photo Of Nature Of Sceneries Landscapes Of Flowers Of Girls Of People Tumblr Of Roses Of Eyes Of Love

Pencil Sketch My Photo Biography

source(google.com.pk)
I wanted to do a brief bio of my life and how (and why) I started this blog.  I'll put this in a new about page too.  So if you've ever wondered, who is this crazy grumpy girl who is so obsessed with her pug and has poor perspective/spatial concepts and inability to draw hands properly, and why is she posting such sloppy drawings on her blog?  Well, here's why...

Growing up, I loved to draw.  I was fascinated by all art forms and obsessively drew horses like any typical little girl.  My pug obsession was undiscovered at this point.

Seeing my compulsive drawing, my parents decided to enroll me in art classes where I drew and painted with watercolors boring still life.  Over and over again.  I found the classes super boring but it did help me to develop some general drawing and painting skills.  But, I started to resent my art classes and quit when I was in junior high.  In high school I wanted to start up my art classes again and I enjoyed them a lot more because this time I was going to them because I wanted to, not because I felt like I was being forced to by my parents.  I continued my focus on pencil sketches and watercolor.  Mainly still life, but I found it less dull and tried to focus on developing my pencil and watercolor skills.

I also pursued my love for animation and went to summer school at CalArts to study animation.  It was an awesome summer and I learned a lot.  But I realized that while I still love animation, I don't have the patience to do it full time.  I was also dissuaded from pursuing art any further as my parents repeatedly told me, "It's a good hobby, but you can't make any money or have a career with that.  Go to college and be a doctor or lawyer."  It was also around this time I had my first pug, Cookie.  I miss my lil Cookie monster.

Sad to say I stopped drawing and painting and went to college where I had a great time and tried to figure out what to do with my life.  I graduated, optimistic about the future and thinking of going into editing, getting a pug, and living a fabulous life.

But the job market sucked at that time and I decided to go to law school instead.  There I studied furiously and had a sinking feeling I'd made a big mistake but was already getting further and further into student debt.

I then entered into Big Law in New York.  Nuff said.  You can see some of my "office" labeled posts if you want to see more about how it was for me.  I was pug-less and didn't have the time or space (crazy tiny apartment) for a pug.  I was very sad.

The financial crisis happened and I was stuck at a job that was slowly killing and prematurely aging me (I swear it was!).  Eventually I managed to escape into a better legal job in a different city, closer to my family.  First thing I did was get my pug Sunny :) and I was slowly getting happier.  But I also felt like something was missing.  I tried a variety of hobbies with the free time I now had (nights and weekends free?!  Woohoo!) and eventually found my way back to drawing and painting.

I decided to start this blog to post my quick drawings and paintings.  I've lost a lot of my past training from years of disuse and I'm super impatient in getting out my ideas and so my drawings are really quick.  I also decided to keep this fun for me - if I don't enjoy doing this, then it's not worth spending so much of my free time on it.  So that means no more still life.  I started just doodling and have kept my style casual and sometimes sloppy.  Maybe one day in the future I'll go back and redo and clean up some of these, but for now I am just enjoying putting pen and brush to paper, with my pug in my lap.
On 9/25/1995- while going to my job in NYC- I was on the NJ Transit Train - with the James Mason Bio- Odd Man Out- I decided to sketch a picture of him - with paper and pencil - I have kept this drawing for over 14 years- it is now framed and hangs in my room- I have decided I really want to share it with the Group- mind you- I am no artist- never took a lesson - but I tried my best to capture James Mason in pencil - I hope you like the drawing- you can see where I signed and dated it on the bottom right.
Rick

http://photo.goodreads.com/photos/127...

reply | flag *
message 2: by Marts (new) Jul 04, 2010 07:55am
Marts  (Thinker) (thinkersutopia) | 36 comments Cool art Rick,
you've got to be kidding, you never did art? well you're a natural!!!

reply | flag *
message 3: by Rick (new) Jul 04, 2010 08:55am
Rick F. | 12190 commentsThinker wrote: "Cool art Rick,
you've got to be kidding, you never did art? well you're a natural!!!"

Thanks!! I always loved drawing and doodling- this drawing means alot to me- the only picture I ever kept
haha- shows I was a James Mason Fan for many years (actually since 1978)

reply | flag *
message 4: by John (new) Jul 05, 2010 12:42am
John Karr (Karr) | 13 comments Nice! I think you captured Mason as a younger man quite well, Rick. The expression in the eyes and demeanor are right on.

reply | flag *
message 5: by Brian (new) Jul 06, 2010 06:45am
Brian | 346 comments That is truly amazing! Very accurate portrayal of James Mason! Astounding that you have had no training, a natural talent that most people can not do without taking courses in drawing and/or art.

reply | flag *
message 6: by Rick (new) Jul 06, 2010 06:58am
Rick F. | 12190 commentsBrian wrote: "That is truly amazing! Very accurate portrayal of James Mason! Astounding that you have had no training, a natural talent that most people can not do without taking courses in drawing and/or art."

thanks very much Brian! really appreciate the very kind words! it was as if my pencil had a mind of its own when I was drawing the picture!

reply | flag *
message 7: by Minnie (new) Jul 07, 2010 06:57am
Minnie (MinnieEstelle) | 242 commentsRick wrote: "On 9/25/1995- while going to my job in NYC- I was on the NJ Transit Train - with the James Mason Bio- Odd Man Out- I decided to sketch a picture of him - with paper and pencil - I have kept this dr..."

Rick, did James Mason ever smile? He looks so tormented

reply | flag *
message 8: by Rick (new) Jul 07, 2010 08:17am
Rick F. | 12190 commentsMinnie wrote: "Rick wrote: "On 9/25/1995- while going to my job in NYC- I was on the NJ Transit Train - with the James Mason Bio- Odd Man Out- I decided to sketch a picture of him - with paper and pencil - I have..."

actually James Mason was quite a serious man- shy- ill at ease- unfailing polite- but suffered from depression and low self-esteem.

reply | flag *
message 9: by Minnie (new) Jul 07, 2010 07:52pm
Minnie (MinnieEstelle) | 242 comments I would guess his acting was therapeutic. But apparently it didn't help his mental problems, just kept him busy.

Many writers write through their problems or depression, so why not go before cameras and expose yourself.

reply | flag *
message 10: by Barbara (new) Jul 09, 2010 03:59am
Barbara (Cinnabar) | 602 comments He looks very handsome in your drawing Rick. Well done!

reply | flag *
message 11: by Rick (new) Jul 09, 2010 04:03am
Rick F. | 12190 commentsBarbara wrote: "He looks very handsome in your drawing Rick. Well done!"

thank you so much Barbara!!!

reply | flag *
message 12: by Rick (new) Jul 12, 2010 01:46am
Rick F. | 12190 comments great James Mason Website!

http://www.classicmoviefavorites.com/...

reply | flag *
message 13: by Barbara (new) Jul 12, 2010 06:25am
Barbara (Cinnabar) | 602 comments Hey Rick. How did you come to be such a huge James Mason fan? Was it a particular movie or acting role that you liked?

reply | flag *
message 14: by Rick (last edited Jul 12, 2010 07:19am) (new) Jul 12, 2010 07:15am
Rick F. | 12190 commentsBarbara wrote: "Hey Rick. How did you come to be such a huge James Mason fan? Was it a particular movie or acting role that you liked?"

Barbara wrote: "Hey Rick. How did you come to be such a huge James Mason fan? Was it a particular movie or acting role that you liked?"

Interesting Question - In 1978- I was 11 years old- already a budding classic movie buff- Cable TV was pretty new at the time- my older brother was watching HEAVEN CAN WAIT on HBO (The only movie network at the time)- I was semi-watching it- and then I heard the most amazing voice I ever heard- it was of course James Mason- I watched the rest of the film and was very taken by his performance as Mr Jordan- I asked my older brother (12 years older then me) "WHO IS THAT ACTOR!!" he replied- "Thats James Mason- he has been a movie star for alot of years"
next day I went to the local library (there were no computers at the time!) and looked him up- I was astounded at the amount of films he was in and what a magnificent career he had- it was at that point that I became a fan of his- and my admiration grew as I saw more and more performances of his. In 1983- when he was nominated for The Verdict- I was never more excited about the Oscars in my life- I still remember seeing him in the beginning walking with his wife up the red carpet- when he lost- I was devastated- and have not watched the Academy Awards since. I recall I was was working in a summer camp when I heard about his death on the radio- I was never more internally effected by a "star's" passing in my life- I still mourn him and the performances he still had in him- He had several films come out after his death- and anyone who thinks that at 75 he lost any of his immense presence- just watch THE SHOOTING PARTY- a film he made very shortly before his passing. I hope I answered your question! I am a fan of many actors- Paul Douglas, Thelma Ritter, Robert Walker, Peter Lorre ect- but James Mason was(and is) in a class by himself- in my humble opinion :<)
Rick

reply | flag *
message 15: by Jill (new) Jul 12, 2010 07:46am
Jill (Bucs1960) Rick.........I can't draw my breath so I am envious of anyone who has artistic talent which you have in abundance. A wonderful picture of our favorite actor and gentleman.

reply | flag *
message 16: by Courtney (new) Jul 14, 2010 08:36am
Courtney very nice

reply | flag *
message 17: by Rick (new) Jul 14, 2010 06:05pm
Rick F. | 12190 commentsCourtney *Stark Lover* wrote: "very nice"

thank you!!!! Courtney

reply | flag *
message 18: by Mackenzie (new) Jul 14, 2010 06:06pm
Mackenzie thats really good

reply | flag *
message 19: by Rick (new) Jul 14, 2010 06:37pm
Rick F. | 12190 commentsMackenzie wrote: "thats really good"

thanks- really appreciate you nice words!!!

reply | flag *
message 20: by Mackenzie (new) Jul 14, 2010 06:38pm
Mackenzie no problem (:

reply | flag *
message 21: by Barbara (new) Jul 15, 2010 07:02pm
Barbara (Cinnabar) | 602 commentsRick wrote: "Barbara wrote: "Hey Rick. How did you come to be such a huge James Mason fan? Was it a particular movie or acting role that you liked?"

Thanks Rick, for telling me how you became interested in James Mason. I'm always intrigued about how a seemingly small occurrence in someone's life (like tuning in to a movie your brother was watching, can have a big impact on a person.

reply | flag *
message 22: by Rick (new) Jul 18, 2010 09:38pm
Rick F. | 12190 comments ONCE A SPY FACEBOOK PAGE- JAMES MASON PIC INCLUDED

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pa...

Keith wrote: "My name is Keith and I'm pleased to be a member of this club. Thanks to Rick for inviting me. I am writer by profession and an avid reader when I have time (I am very much hoping Congress will legi..."

welcome Keith- Keith is the author of one of the most brilliant thrillers I ever read- I uh believe I mentioned it several Times..ONCE A SPY

YOU MUST ALL SEE HIS DRAWING OF JAMES MASON!! ITS ON FACEBOOK- THE OFFICIAL ONCE A SPY PAGE
for those not on facebook

The picture is now viewable by this link and in the photo gallery of the The James Mason Group

http://photo.goodreads.com/photos/127947...

reply | flag *
message 23: by Gary F (new) Aug 03, 2010 09:45pm
Gary F | 244 comments Just an awesome drawing as was yours!

reply | flag *
message 24: by Sharond'ah (new) Dec 21, 2010 07:34am
Sharond'ah | 55 comments now that is a really pretty drawing Rick you very talented

reply | flag *
message 25: by Danni (new) Mar 25, 2011 04:55am
Danni Portchnick | 5 comments OH MY G__!!!!!!!!

reply | flag *
message 26: by Patricia (new) Mar 25, 2011 07:26am
Patricia Puddle (Trishapuddle) | 82 commentsRick wrote: "On 9/25/1995- while going to my job in NYC- I was on the NJ Transit Train - with the James Mason Bio- Odd Man Out- I decided to sketch a picture of him - with paper and pencil - I have kept this dr..."

Rick, that's awesome, you are a natural. I also draw sketches and have never been taught. (Doodled at school when I should have been paying attention to other things.)

You should do more of those drawings. How about drawing Elizabeth Taylor for us? (Sorry, I'm cheeky, I know. Bet you do an awesome picture though. Or maybe Robert Mitchum? Gregory Peck? You could have a book full of them and sell them.) :)

reply | flag *
message 27: by Rick (new) Mar 25, 2011 07:46am
Rick F. | 12190 commentsPatricia wrote: "Rick wrote: "On 9/25/1995- while going to my job in NYC- I was on the NJ Transit Train - with the James Mason Bio- Odd Man Out- I decided to sketch a picture of him - with paper and pencil - I have..."

Thanks so much!! I have not sketched in quite a while but do think I would like to take it up again!

reply | flag *
message 28: by Patricia (last edited Mar 25, 2011 08:48am) (new) Mar 25, 2011 08:47am
Patricia Puddle (Trishapuddle) | 82 commentsRick wrote: "Patricia wrote: "Rick wrote: "On 9/25/1995- while going to my job in NYC- I was on the NJ Transit Train - with the James Mason Bio- Odd Man Out- I decided to sketch a picture of him - with paper an..."

Rick, I used to sketch years ago, then never seemed to find the time. Recently I needed illustrations for one of my children's books, so I drew them myself. I wasn't sure I’d remember how to, but it all came back to me. I so enjoyed it and felt like a kid again. After reading your post, I’ve been looking for my old sketches. LOL.

reply | flag *
message 29: by Lady of the Lake (new) Mar 25, 2011 05:45pm
Lady of the Lake | 7 commentsRick wrote: "On 9/25/1995- while going to my job in NYC- I was on the NJ Transit Train - with the James Mason Bio- Odd Man Out- I decided to sketch a picture of him - with paper and pencil - I have kept this dr..."

You are a man of many talents!!! Great artwork Rick!
 Pencil Sketch My Photo Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
 Pencil Sketch My Photo Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
 Pencil Sketch My Photo Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
 Pencil Sketch My Photo Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
 Pencil Sketch My Photo Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
 Pencil Sketch My Photo Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
 Pencil Sketch My Photo Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
 Pencil Sketch My Photo Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
 Pencil Sketch My Photo Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
 Pencil Sketch My Photo Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
 Pencil Sketch My Photo Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
 Pencil Sketch My Photo Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
 Pencil Sketch My Photo Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
 Pencil Sketch My Photo Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
 Pencil Sketch My Photo Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
 Pencil Sketch My Photo Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  
 Pencil Sketch My Photo Of  Nature Of  Sceneries Landscapes Of  Flowers Of  Girls Of  People Tumblr Of Roses Of  Eyes Of  Love  

No comments:

Post a Comment